Stop iPhoto from launching while syncing iPhone
Posted by Larry Karnowski Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:37:00 GMT
- Connect your iPhone and let it sync.
- Before you disconnect, run the "Image Capture" utility. It lives in your computer's "Applications" directory.
- Go to the menu, click "Image Capture", then "Preferences".
- On the "Image Capture Preferences" window, change the "When a camera is connected, open:" setting to "No application".
- Close the "Image Capture" application.
- Voila! No more iPhoto launching automatically.
However, be aware that this will stop iPhoto from launching when you connect any digital camera. If you want to pull photos from a camera, you'll have to manually launch iPhoto and hit the "import" button. Snatch!